What are the ways to Improve CRS Score?
Most of the immigrants are not able to clear the CRS score cut-offs. For them, the best possible way will be to improve their CRS score. As discussed above CRS score can be affected by the factors based on which points are awarded.
Following are some of the factors that can help the candidate to increase their CRS score that can help get the ITA and apply for Canada PR Visa:
If the candidate has a Sibling in Canada as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, it can get an extra 15 CRS points
Education is one of the factors on the basis of which the CRS score is awarded. Based on the level of education of the candidate, the more CRS score is awarded. Doctoral-level education can get you maximum CRS score for education factor – 140 CRS points.
- French language proficiency
Other than English, if the candidate is proficient in the French language, they can extra points for the same. They have to select French as their Second Official Language,
and take the recognized language test and get the CRS points
- Retake language test/Improve Language Scores
CRS points are awarded to the candidates who have proven their language proficiency in the English language. These candidates have to take the IELTS. If the candidate is able to improve their IELTS score, more CRS points are awarded
- Gain more work experience
Under the Skill Transferability factor, CRS points are awarded for more work experience gathered. In case the applicant is having less than three years of work experience, they can continue to gather more work experience
- Get a Provincial Nomination Certificate
It is the most valuable way to improve the CRS score. For an express entry candidate to land a provincial nomination certificate, it gives them a major boost of 600 CRS points.
In case the applicant is able to get a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) approved Job-offer, it can get the candidate 50 extra CRS points. Previously it was set at 600 CRS points, but it has come down to 50 CRS points.
- Spouse – Primary Applicant
For the candidate who is applying for Canada PR Visa with their Spouse, and if they have higher CRS score than the candidate, make spouse the Primary applicant while submitting the application
Once the candidate is able to improve on any of the above-mentioned factors, they can check their CRS score by using our latest Canada Express Entry points Calculator 2020.
Guide for Express Entry Program 2020
Express Entry program
, a point-based immigration program, was introduced in 2012 to manage the profiles of the skilled immigrants who have applied for Canada PR Visa
through Canada’s three major skilled economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Class
- Federal Skilled Trades Class
- Canadian Experience Class
An ideal application takes around 6 to 8 months to get processed. All the profiles of the candidates registered under the Express Entry Program
are submitted together into the express pool. With the use of a ranking system – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), express profiles are ranked in the pool. Through regularly held express draws, Invitation to Apply (ITAs) are issued to the higher-ranked express profiles. ITA allows the candidate to submit their application with the proper set of documents to the Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) within 60 days of getting the ITA.
What is the Minimum Requirement to Apply for Canada PR Visa?
For foreign skilled immigrants who want to settle in Canada as a permanent resident, getting a Canada PR Visa is the best immigration pathway. Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
allows the skilled immigrants to apply for Canada PR Visa.
In order to apply for Canada PR Vis
a through FSWP, immigrants are required to fulfill the minimum requirements. These requirements are as follows:
- Minimum of 1 year of continuous full-time or part-time work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled occupation that is classified under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level 0, A or B
- Must have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report for foreign educational credentials like degree, certificate or diploma
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 or IETLS score of 6 per band (Speaking, Reading, Listening and Writing) is required.
Candidate’s profiles eligibility is also assessed by IRCC based on their unique point assessment grid. For potential candidates to be eligible under FSWP,
they have required score minimum of 67 points under program’s 100-point grid. In this point grid, points are awarded in the following manner:
- Education – Maximum 25 points
- Language Skills – Maximum 28 points
- Work Experience – Maximum 15 points
- Age – Maximum 12 points
- Arranged Employment – Maximum 10 points
- Adaptability – Maximum 10 points
Other than these requirements, candidates are required to show proof of funds,
in order to become economically established in Canada along with dependent family members.
What are Different Immigration programs to apply for Canada PR Visa?
The federal government of Canada has always welcomed skilled candidates in order to help in the economic development of the country; with their three-year immigration plan to increase the admission rate for skilled immigrants for Canada PR Visa is one of their steps for their immigration friendly policies.
Other than the Express Entry program, there are also other immigration pathways to Canada PR Visa with different requirements and eligibility criteria. Some of the major immigration programs for Canada PR Visa are as follows:
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNPs): Every province in Canada (except Quebec) has an immigration pathway that allows them to nominate the potential and skilled candidates for permanent residency in the respective province. This immigration pathway is called Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs).
Every PNP has different requirements that are majorly based on their local labour market demands. If an immigrant is able to meet those requirements then they are given the provincial nomination certificate.
- Quebec Experience Program (PEQ): Unlike another province in Canada with PNPs, Quebec has their own immigration program that allows them to select potential immigrants those will be able to easily adapt to the daily life of province and help in the economic development. On average the processing under this program for a Canada PR application is around 15 to 17 months.
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP): To support the economics of the Atlantic region of Canada, an employer-driven pilot program was introduced. This immigration program allows the immigrants who have a job offer from a designated employer of the Atlantic region of Canada that includes Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Newfoundland, and Labrador.
There are some of the PNPs do not require candidates to have a CRS score to be eligible to apply.
Calculate Canada CRS score/ Canada Immigration points with our latest Canada Express Entry Point Calculator 2020
What is the cost to apply for Canada PR Visa?
Following are the processing fees for FSWP:
- Principal Applicant Fee ( CAD $550 Processing fee + CAD $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee) – CAD $1,040
- Spouse or Common-law partner ( CAD $550 Processing fee + CAD $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee) – CAD $1,040
- Dependent Child of principal applicant (Under 22 years of age) and is not a spouse or common-law partner, or is 22 years of age or older who has been unable to financially self-supporting due to physical or mental condition – CAD $150 per child
Other than the above-mentioned fees, other fees related to applying for Canada PR Visa include WES fees, IELTS examination fees, Medical Certificate fees, Police Clearance Certificate fees, etc.