Quebec Skilled Worker Program
Canada Immigartion Servcies In Canada
What is Quebec Skilled Worker Program 2021?
Developed by the Government of Quebec and the Canadian Federal Government, the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) enable highly knowledgeable and trained foreign nationals to immigrate to Quebec as skilled workers. Potential immigrants who apply to the Skilled Worker Quebec Program are evaluated according to a collection grid of factors, and applicants who score sufficient points are given a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) which they can then use to apply for Canadian permanent residency.
2021 UPDATE: The 2021 Quebec Skilled Worker Program intake period (maximum 5,000 applications) should be announced soon.
Quebec Skilled Worker Eligibility
Eligibility for the Quebec Immigration Skilled Worker Program is resolute by nine selection factors. Quebec Skilled Worker Program points are award according to these Immigration Quebec selection criteria in order to identify which possible immigrants are most likely to grow inexpensively once in Quebec. To succeed for immigration to Canada as a Quebec-selected skilled worker, an alone applicant must score at least 50 points. Potential immigrants who apply with a spouse or a common-law partner must score at least 59 points in order to be eligible for the QSW Program. We have outlined each of the skilled worker immigration Quebec requirements.
Benefits of Moving to Quebec
There are several benefits to business professionals and skilled workers in moving to Quebec besides the obvious easy immigration process. They are:
- A FIT society with an ethnically diverse community providing an ideal culture and environment for raising a family.
- Those with PR status can avail the same social and healthcare benefits available to regular citizens from the Quebec government.
- Quebec offers scores of educational and employment opportunities with its diverse state economy.
- The PR processing time is one of the shortest and easiest among all Canadian provinces.
- It provides a swift method of entering Canada
- The province is one of the most highly rated among all top immigration destinations and comes with a special pollution-free tag
Minimum Requirements for Settling in Quebec
The following are the minimum requirements for applying for a CSQ and successfully entering into Quebec, Canada. Though the Quebec immigration process has been simplified for the benefit of migrants and hopefuls, it is nevertheless advised that you take the help of professionals when going through the particulars of the application and immigration process. Here is the list of minimum requirements:
- You should be above 18 years old at the time of application
- You should be proficient in English or French and be able to showcase the same through an IELTS or CLB score. (Note: for IELTS minimum score is 6 per band and for CLB minimum score is CLB 5)
- It would be ideal to have a job offer from a Quebec employer
- You should have the minimum work experience required within the past 5 years and must provide documented evidence of the same.
- Candidates will be required to have job relevant diplomas, degrees and certification and be required to submit the same to relevant authorities
- Candidates must also be able to show legal evidence of possessing enough funds to settle and sustain themselves in Quebec
Language Requirements for Immigration to Quebec
The IELTS and CLB are the two main tests accepted by the Quebec provincial government for English. The minmum eligibility requirements for each test are as follows:
||Minimum IELTS Score
Note here that in addition to scoring the minimum prescribed minimum grade, the scores must not be older than 24 months at the time of application
Minimum Funds Required to Settle in Quebec
The provincial government of Quebec requires all applicants of the QSWP to showcase that they have the requisite of funds necessary to settle and support themselves and their families (if applicable) once they have immigrated. The following is the list of minimum funds required by the government to allow passage into Quebec:
|Number of Family members
|1 adult and 1 child (under 18 years old)
|1 adult and 2 children (under 18 years old)
|1 adult and 3 children (under 18 years old)
|1 adult and more than 3 children under 18 years old
||$522 per child
|1 adult and 1 child (or more) 18 years old or older
||$1,406 per child
|2 adults and 1 child (under 18 years old)
|2 adults and 2 children (under 18 years old)
|2 adults and 3 children (under 18 years old)
|2 adults and more than 3 children under 18 years old
||$393 per child
|2 adults and 1 child (or more) 18 years old or older
||$1,406 per child
Documents Requirement to apply in QSWP
While submitting the application for Quebec Immigration Process, you would need presenting all the essential documents; you will get the documents checklist once you apply in the Quebec system.
- Proof of Identity/Demographic documents
- Proof of Identity/Demographic documents
- Work Experience related documents
- Valid travel documents language Proficiency documents, i.e. IELTS test result
- Marriage certificate and birth certificate of applicant and dependents
- Police Clearance certificate you also get points for your areas of training, hence provide supporting documents
- Other basic documentation for required for QSWP..
Who Can Apply?
Other people are now eligible for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program. The program will now believe applications from individuals residing in Quebec who are effecting or have completed their studies
, or who have been working full-time legally in Quebec
. People gathering these specific requirements are now eligible:
- Completed a study program of 900-1799 hours AND full-time work experience within 6 months of the end of the program
- Completed a study program of 1800 hours, or a pre-university or university diploma
- Residing in Quebec for at least 1 year on a work permit, including at least 6 months of full-time work